1. Train-wreck or tranquility? 2. When things don’t go according to plan… a) for God’s leaders b) for God’s people c) for God’s enemies? 3. Confidence beyond clichés a) “I don’t know how you do it!” b) “I’m sure it will turn out ok in the ` end!” c) “We’ll get through this together!” 4.…
1. How to know God 2. The God who Is i) initiates & reveals ii) speaks & acts iii) is present & relates iv) is almighty & holy 3. His name is… 4. He wants you!
1. What hope is there? 2. A distant context but a familiar problem 3. Where is God when his people suffer? i) Keeping big promises ii) Caring for individuals iii) Doing something about it 4. God knows and acts through suffering
1. The risk of the rich 2. How to evaluate a Christian leader 3. Why this matters for all of us 4. Filled with air or faith?
Heroes and Villains 2. It’s only human 3. Built to last 4. Do not be deceived
Intro: 1. Secret and Hidden Wisdom 2. Revealed through the Spirit 3.Discerned by the Spirit 4. Implications
Intro: 1. The Message of the Cross 2. The People of the Cross 3.The Way of the Cross Implications
1. You are what you love 2. Jesus is alive: a new normal 3. Captivated by love for Jesus 4. Leading and following your heart
1. How can you know beyond death? 2. Jesus followers didn’t expect it 3. Jesus was the same, but different 4. Jesus lived to give it 5. So there is life beyond death