“Proclaiming the Crucified Christ as Lord of all, we evangelise, teach and train university students, sending them to serve the Lord in Australia and the world, all to the glory of God.”
We’re a diverse group of people who have one thing in common – we love Jesus because of what he’s done for us, and we want to honour him as our Saviour, Lord and God.
We believe that the Bible is God’s Word to us and that the Holy Spirit shapes our lives as we study it. If you like labels, you might say we’re reformed and evangelical.
In case you’re wondering, here are some of the fundamental Christian beliefs which we uphold:
- The divine inspiration and infallibility of Holy Scripture as originally given and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of humanity since the fall, rendering men and women subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- The conception of Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit and his birth by the Virgin Mary.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only though the sacrificial death, as our representative and substitute, of Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God.
- The bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
- The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to make the death of Christ effective in the individual sinner, granting him or her repentance towards God, and faith in Jesus Christ.
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
If you want to learn more, or ask questions – come along to one of our weekly bible talks on campus and have a chat!